Engage brings together the wider business community with the forum to discuss the issues that we are all facing with our health & safety.
Engage hosts events that feature presenters and subject experts to discuss and improve our collective understanding of the trending issues within health and safety. Past presentations and workshops have included -WorkSafe NZ; ACC; Business Leaders Health & Safety Forum; CHASNZ and local community leaders.
- BeEngage Webinar 21st October 2021 – “The world of safety is changing, with disruption by new thinking and new approaches. Why is this? And what should we do about it? In this webinar we will explore the drivers for these changes, what they mean for safety in New Zealand and how we can lead the charge to better outcomes.”
Presenter Craig Marriot – General Manager HSEQ – First Gas
Craig has 30 years’ experience managing safety in high-hazard industries. Following a career in the UK nuclear industry he moved to Taranaki in 2008. Since then he has worked here in NZ and consulted internationally, supporting organisations ranging from a fertiliser manufacture in the US, to a government educational foundation in Qatar.
Craig is a strong advocate of challenging conventional safety thinking and author of the book Challenging the Safety Quo. He is known for bringing a pragmatic approach to translate health and safety management theory into workable solutions. Craig is the General Manager HSEQ at Firstgas Group.
Title: Engage Webinar – Craig Marriot
Time: Thursday, 21 October 2021 10:30:00 am New Zealand Daylight Time
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
- BeSafe Taranaki Trust AGM
Our AGM will be held on the 24th September at 7.00am – 10.00am at the New Plymouth Novotel.. Guest speaker François Barton from the New Zealand Business Leaders Safety Group.
We will have Francois Barton from the Business Leaders Health & Safety Forum presenting: Thriving on purpose, not luck
“More than a decade on from the tragedy at Pike River, NZ has significantly increased its investment in health and safety at work. Over that same time, however, we are still seeing stubborn levels of significant injury, illness and death in our workplaces.
This flatlining performance in the face of increased effort demands change and leadership, not simply trying harder and caring more. That is why WorkSafe is lifting its gaze to the top of supply chains and businesses.
In this session with Business Leaders’ H&S Forum Executive Director Francois Barton, we will explore the mindsets and practices to better meet our obligations around the board table, and through the supply chain, as well as confronting the growing challenge of mental wellbeing at work.
This is challenging work. It requires deliberate effort, curiosity and the courage to change the work in your business, not just the workers.
Taranaki has historically lead New Zealand’s safety effort, it would be great to see the region leading the charge in the face of the “parallel pandemic” of mental health at work, and build workplaces where both the business and its people can thrive.”
- Engage Invitation for 21st July 7.00am @ The Novotel : The State of our Roads throughout the Taranaki Region…. & our driving Behaviour
- People and the Workplace Post Covid 19
- Taranaki Apprentice Challenge 2020
- Actrua – Switching on to Safety
- Leading Wellbeing Slides
- Dr Hillary Bennett
- Spring Clean Your Thoughts
- Communication is Key Presentation
- Strengthening Contractor relationships
- Advocacy Flyer
- Toolbox Flyer
- Focusing on What Matters
FB Presentation Notes Besafe Breakfast
Adobe Acrobat Document 2.4 MB
- RJ Presentation Notes Besafe Breakfast