BeAligned provides material to promote, influence and implement contemporary, consistent and aligned health, safety, and wellbeing practices.
The desired outcome is to improve safety by having consistent rules and requirements for contractors. A steering group and working group was established in 2016 to drive the project, comprised of a representative from each manufacturing site and across contract companies.
- BeSafe Taranaki members switching onto Safety
- Mens Health
Our presentation for November is on Men’s Health, after looking at the statistics, (NZ Medical Journal) we have found there is very little research going on in this area, for every $1.00 spent on women’s, we spend .06 cents on men’s.
Our business community have the majority of our men at their place of work, so the challenge is going out to them to see what they can introduce to help their men. We would like to share the idea’s amongst our business community, and hopefully we are not just talking about something for the month of November, but something that will be brought in and kept as part of their Company’s culture.
We sincerely hope our business community will take up this challenge and help give their men tools that will help them lead a healthier and happier lifestyle. We always say our business’s are our people…..
- Emergency Preparedness – how well prepared is your organisation?
- BeAligned Site Tour – Energyworks 21st March 2023
Geoff Bourke is hosting a tour of his working site on the 21st March 2023, all members of our Beligned Working Group are very welcome. We will have a short meeting prior, then a tour with the challenge of finding any hazards/risks that are not already monitored. “A fresh set of eyes”
- JSA & Toolbox Sessions – Best Practice
- Process of Design
- Excavation & Confined Space
- Drug & Alcohol Impairment
- Burnout – is this the next crisis our workplaces will need to face?
- Risk Normalisation -an update
- Mental Wellbeing at Work
- Cutting Through Omicron Noise
- Living with Covid links
This is a virtual session of Responding to Omicron – lessons from Australia, and how NZ organisations are preparing. Huge thanks once again to Dr Ian Norton, Wendi Croft and Darren Evans for sharing their insights, and to HASANZ for their support of the GM Safety Forum.
The recording of the session is now available here: https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/M2vP1X1S19OkNjZu-3banV6p917Oy3186s-mSxQBtyYgVPkGOJ8LfdZKhIe4S2ih.G3NTitCqR-soBbiE (Passcode: !MD1M2$.)
The Living with Covid Principles which the GM Safety Forum has published with Ministry of Health endorsement is also available online – a great resource: https://www.hasanz.org.nz/gm-safety-forum–living-with-covid-principles/
- Summer Fatigue
- Back to Work Programme
- Safety In Design
- Asbestos Awareness & Management
- COVID ASSIST PACK
- Technology – how this is helping with Health & Safety Outcomes
- Working at Height – A presentation for companies where this is not your main line of work
- Changes with Workplace Exposure Standards
- Sub-Contractors Pre Qualifications
- Forklift Safety
- Driving Safety Video’s